The cleanliness of your windows can say a lot about the professionalism of your company. However, cleaning the windows on a high rise building, or even lower buildings isn’t something you can tackle yourself.
If your windows are due for a clean again, you might be wondering what it will cost to hire a professional commercial window cleaning company in Miami. In reality, there’s no simple answer to this question, as there are a lot of variables that could influence how much you end up paying.
According to the US National Fire Protection Association, a high rise building can be defined as any building 75 feet or taller. For the average building, this amounts to about 7 stories in minimum height. Multi-level buildings under 7 stories are classified as midrise buildings. However, the cost of hiring a commercial window cleaner in Miami will be similar for both high and midrise buildings.
Commercial Window Cleaning Cost in Miami, FL
The cost of window cleaning in Miami is similar to the rest of the United States. In the US, the price can vary depending on some factors. One of the most important variables is location. As with products on services, window cleaning costs are more expensive in cities than in towns.
The cost of commercial window cleaning in the US can range between $5.50 and $14.50 per window pane. The average cost of window cleaning, however, is approximately $10.00 per pane.
Seeing as Miami, FL is a large city, the cost of window cleaning will be between the average to higher end of the scale. So for a high rise building, window cleaning services can range from $10.00 or more per window pane.
The cost of window cleaning can differ depend on a number of factors:
- The amount of window panes
- How high the building level is
- Amount of labor necessary
- The number of buildings being done
- Additional services required
Unfortunately, cleaning high rise windows will likely end up costing more than $10.00 per window pane. This is because an additional cost of $3.00 to $5.00 might apply for windows from the third story above. Special equipment is required to clean such high windows, leading to an increased cost. Considering this, the average cost of high and midrise window cleaning in Miami can range between $13.00 to $15.00 per window.
Relatively clean windows might be cheaper to clean than windows with a lot of dirt buildup, for instance. This is mainly because of the extra time and labor involved in cleaning windows with grime, such as mineral deposits (water stains) from rain etc.
Additional Window Cleaning Costs
The flat rate of approximately $10.00 per window pane doesn’t necessarily cover all the window cleaning services required. A Miami window cleaning company could also charge extra for the following services:
- Paint or stain removal can range between $3.30 to $6.00 per window. In Miami, this amount would generally be somewhere in between.
- Sliding glass door cleaning ranges between $2.50 and $8.00 per door. In Miami, you can expect to pay between the mid to high range for this service.
- Some window cleaners exclude sills and window tracks, offering it as an additional service. As an additional service, the price will range between $0.50 and $5.00 extra.
- Screen cleaning cost between $0.50 and $5.00 per window. However, in Miami, you can expect to pay from midrange and up for this service.
- The charge for mineral deposits can skyrocket your window cleaning costs. The average charge for cleaning mineral deposits is $20.00 per pane. Although this will differ from one company to another.
The cost of all of the above services will depend from one window cleaning company to another. While one window cleaner might include sills and window tracks in their flat rate, they might be much more expensive for higher levels and vice versa.
The fact that cleaning mineral deposits means that windows that haven’t been cleaned in a long time, can cost much more to clean. This is one reason why it’s important to have your high rise building windows cleaned on a regular basis.
The important thing is to choose a company that offers great service and does the work efficiently and properly. Price can play a role, but it should never be the only thing you consider when choosing a Miami window cleaner.
The Importance of Regular Window Cleaning
The cleanliness of your building windows is definitely important if you’re trying to make a good impression. Dirty windows on an apartment or office building will make the whole building seem dilapidated and neglected. Potential tenants or even office employees are sure to notice the rundown appearance of the building caused by the building.
Clean windows look fresh and lively, especially since cleaner windows allow more light to come in. Extremely dirty, grimy windows allow substantially less light to come though. Natural sunlight isn’t just an aesthetic issue. Exposure to sunlight is important in the production of Vitamin D. A lack of exposure to sunlight can lead to fatigue and even mild depression.
Because clean windows make a space feel livelier, cleaning your windows can help boost employee performance for corporate buildings.
When you allow your windows to become overly dirty before booking a cleaning, the cost of window cleaning will usually be more expensive. To keep the cost of window cleaning in check, it’s always better to book scheduled window cleaning services.
On average, it’s recommended to clean your building widows about twice a year, or once every six months. If your building has window screens, they can be washed annually. This means you can book to clean your window screens with every second cleaning.
Most importantly, however, keeping your windows clean is a good way to maintain a decent standard of cleanliness. By taking pride in your building, you showcase your own personal dignity to the world.
Why Hire a Professional Window Cleaner?
Hiring a professional window cleaner is always a better option than cleaning windows yourself. A professional window cleaner will handle the task of cleaning your windows in a more efficient manner, while also providing a superior outcome.
For normal buildings hiring a professional can be a matter of luxury. Doing the work yourself is an option, albeit not a very attractive one. When it comes to high and midrise buildings, however, hiring a professional is essential.
Professional window cleaners have all the necessary equipment to clean windows on higher levels. The higher the building, the more important it is to hire trained professionals. Professional windows cleaners are able to clean the windows on any building, whether it’s a one-story house, or a 40 level skyscraper.
Some other benefits of hiring a professional window cleaner include:
- Better finish: Hiring a professional ensures your windows will sparkle
- Safety reasons: Professionals are trained to work high up cleaning high rise building windows, which helps to reduce the risk of falls.
- Cost: Hiring a professional window cleaner allows staff working in your building to focus only on their jobs. Seeing as professionals are trained for safety and fully insured, you won’t have to worry about reimbursing injuries etc.
- Window care: Professional window cleaners are trained to clean windows without causing damage, such as scratches. This not only keeps your windows looking better, but can also save money on replacement costs.
All these factors combined makes high rise window cleaning services an apparent choice.
How to Choose a Window Cleaner in Miami?
There are a few factors to consider when choosing a window cleaning service:
- Insurance: If anything unexpected happens, you want to know you won’t be liable for damages. Whether there’s liability for injuries or damage to your building, your window cleaner should be able to cover the damages with insurance
- Professional staff: For the best results, you should hire a company who takes pride in training their staff. A company that hires employees without training them might do more harm than good, as scratches might be left behind on your window
- Good service: Hire a company with good reviews, or get a reference from someone you know. Good service is imperative to get the results your hoping for.
Every window cleaning company is different, and so is every building! The best window cleaners are able to offer a wide variety of window cleaning services for all kinds of buildings. While you might think that a window cleaner with narrow service offerings offers a more specialized service, this isn’t necessarily the case. When a window cleaner can clean the windows on any building, it’s a good sign that they specialize in window cleaning, and aren’t just cleaning generalists.
Your windows are a gateway for light into your building. Clean windows also allow building occupants to enjoy the outside scenery and take in the view. By booking to have your windows cleaned regularly, your building will look as good as it’s meant to. Contact Window Cleaning Miami today to book your cleaning for anything from a residential to high rise building.